Since 2016, the Government of Benin has undertaken ambitious reforms and major modernization work with the aim of improving Cotonou International Airport's level of compliance and service in relation to the International Civil Aviation Organization's standards and recommended practices.
These reforms led, among other things, to the creation on September 12, 2018 of Société des Aéroports du Bénin (SAB SA) with a vision of optimized management of airport facilities including Cotonou international airport, Tourou airport and the Savè, Parakou, Kandi and Natitingou airfields.
Société des Aéroports du Bénin is a single-person limited company with a Board of Directors, headed by a Chairman of the Board and a Managing Director. It is governed by the OHADA Uniform Acts on commercial companies and economic interest groups, and its bylaws.
Its main purpose is the construction, development, operation and expansion of airport facilities and the management of national aeronautical activities.
The implementation of these reforms has also led to the recruitment of an international operator to manage security at Cotonou international airport.
As part of the infrastructure development program, a vast renovation and modernization program has been launched at Cotonou International Airport, with the overall aim of improving capacity and service quality across all operating segments, to support the development of Benin's tourism sector.
To ensure efficient strategic and operational management, the Government of Benin has signed a management assistance contract for Cotonou International Airport, which expires on January 02, 2023.
At this stage in the development of Société des Aéroports du Bénin (SAB SA), the government plans to strengthen human resources and governance, to ensure that the company has the proven skills and modern environment required to manage and develop the country's airport infrastructure and aviation activities. In this context, Société des Aéroports du Bénin is considering the recruitment of a General Managera Airport Operations Managera Technical Manager and a Chief Financial Officer.
This recruitment notice is available on the Cotonou International Airport website: https://aeroport-de-cotonou.bj on the Government of Benin website https://www.gouv.bj and on the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport website https://transports.bj.
For further information, please write to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required documents :
- a letter of motivation addressed to the Chairman of the SAB Board of Directors;
- A detailed curriculum vitae including three (03) references;
- copies of diplomas or certificates;
- Proof of professional experience;
- an indication of the availability time.
Submission of application :
Interested candidates with the required skills are invited to submit their applications online at the following address email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Thursday, December 08, 2022 at 6:00 pm (GMT + 1). Applications received after this date or at an address other than that mentioned above will be declared inadmissible. SAB SA reserves the right to take no further action on this notice. No applications will be returned. Only successful candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Selection of candidates:
Selection will take place in two (2) stages:
- pre-selection on the basis of applications;
- selection following an interview with shortlisted candidates.
Conditions of employment :
- the place of work is the headquarters of Société des Aéroports du Bénin (SAB SA) in Cotonou;
- the duration of the contract is three (03) years, renewable on the basis of the employee's performance;
- a trial period will be observed in accordance with current legislation.
The Director of Airport Operations reports to the Managing Director of Société des Aéroports du Bénin (SAB).
- coordinate and supervise all operations at the various airport platforms;
- organize the interface between the various players involved in airport operations to ensure harmonious operation, in line with international standards and norms, and a satisfactory customer experience for users;
- contribute to the implementation of good governance rules within the company.
Airport Operations Manager :
- develops, implements and monitors safety procedures and practices (airside regulations manual, airside operations manual, safety management system manual, general aviation procedures, etc.);
- oversees the planning and management of aircraft stand assignments, check-in counters and baggage dispenser assignments;
- controls preventive and corrective maintenance of airfield lighting and monitors airfield surface condition;
- supervises the Airport Operations Coordination Center ;
- coordinates map updates for local and foreign airfield status publications;
- plans terminal operations to ensure greater efficiency in energy management and shared use of facilities by users;
- develops and implements staff training, both internal and external;
- draw up airport operating manuals and ensure compliance by all entities;
- prepares information bulletins and graphics describing the progress of development work, coordinates future phases of airport facility development and ensures the preparation of revised procedures;
- initiates notices to airmen (NOTAMs);
- promotes an effective and transparent information culture through meetings and monthly newsletters;
- manages the performance of middle management and support staff in the airport operations department;
- coordinates safety issues and work protocols with the aviation safety officer;
- ensures that airport license applications are properly completed and submitted to the French Civil Aviation Agency for approval;
- draws up procedure manuals for airport reconstruction/development projects, and ensures coordination of airside work and compliance with related aeronautical safety standards;
- actively contributes to the development of the airport's master plan and ensures its optimization for the purposes of optimal airport operation and user service levels;
- contributes to the development of SAB's strategic plan;
- perform any other duties assigned by the General Manager.
- have a BAC+5 in airport management, logistics or a related field in civil aviation or air transport;
- Proven professional experience in an airport environment for a minimum of five (05) years, covering all aspects of airport operations with management in an environment with strong operational constraints;
- additional certificates in the airport field would be an asset.
- raising awareness of airport safety and security ;
- radio authorization (phraseology) ;
- general aeronautical knowledge (aircraft, aeronautical regulations, navigational aids, markings and beacons, etc.);
- airport operations.
- airport operation ;
- planning and budgeting ;
- general legal knowledge (social legislation, civil aviation code, transport of hazardous materials and products, etc.)
- communication techniques ;
- ability to conceptualize ;
- mastery of steering and management tools;
- team management ;
- decision-making process ;
- fluency in technical English ;
- Sense of organization and responsibility;
- Sense of teamwork ;
- Analytical and synthesizing skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and to react quickly;
- Know how to work carefully and methodically;
- Demonstrate deontology and ethics;
- Communication and relationship management skills.
To apply, send your application by e-mail to
no later than Thursday, December 08, 2022 at 6:00 pm (GMT + 1)