Since 2016, the Government of Benin has undertaken ambitious reforms and major modernization work with the aim of improving Cotonou International Airport's level of compliance and service in relation to the International Civil Aviation Organization's standards and recommended practices.
These reforms led, among other things, to the creation on September 12, 2018 of Société des Aéroports du Bénin (SAB SA) with a vision of optimized management of airport facilities including Cotonou international airport, Tourou airport and the Savè, Parakou, Kandi and Natitingou airfields.
Société des Aéroports du Bénin is a single-person limited company with a Board of Directors, headed by a Chairman of the Board and a Managing Director. It is governed by the OHADA Uniform Acts on commercial companies and economic interest groups, and its bylaws.
Its main purpose is the construction, development, operation and expansion of airport facilities and the management of national aeronautical activities.
The implementation of these reforms has also led to the recruitment of an international operator to manage security at Cotonou international airport.
As part of the infrastructure development program, a vast renovation and modernization program has been launched at Cotonou International Airport, with the overall aim of improving capacity and service quality across all operating segments, to support the development of Benin's tourism sector.
To ensure efficient strategic and operational management, the Government of Benin has signed a management assistance contract for Cotonou International Airport, which expires on January 02, 2023.
At this stage in the development of Société des Aéroports du Bénin (SAB SA), the government plans to strengthen human resources and governance, to ensure that the company has the proven skills and modern environment required to manage and develop the country's airport infrastructure and aviation activities. In this context, Société des Aéroports du Bénin is considering the recruitment of a General Managera Airport Operations Managera Technical Manager and a Chief Financial Officer.
This recruitment notice is available on the Cotonou International Airport website: https://aeroport-de-cotonou.bj on the Government of Benin website https://www.gouv.bj and on the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport website https://transports.bj.
For further information, please write to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required documents :
- a letter of motivation addressed to the Chairman of the SAB Board of Directors;
- A detailed curriculum vitae including three (03) references;
- copies of diplomas or certificates;
- Proof of professional experience;
- an indication of the availability time.
Submission of application :
Interested candidates with the required skills are invited to submit their applications online at the following address email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Thursday, December 08, 2022 at 6:00 pm (GMT + 1). Applications received after this date or at an address other than that mentioned above will be declared inadmissible. SAB SA reserves the right to take no further action on this notice. No applications will be returned. Only successful candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Selection of candidates:
Selection will take place in two (2) stages:
- pre-selection on the basis of applications;
- selection following an interview with shortlisted candidates.
Conditions of employment :
- the place of work is the headquarters of Société des Aéroports du Bénin (SAB SA) in Cotonou;
- the duration of the contract is three (03) years, renewable on the basis of the employee's performance;
- a trial period will be observed in accordance with current legislation.
The Managing Director reports to the Board of Directors of Société des Aéroports du Bénin (SAB).
- propose to the Board of Directors a general development policy for the company (sales development, marketing, financial management, etc.);
- define a general strategy for managing the company, anticipating market trends, managing the company's resources properly, assigning tasks to employees ;
- ensure that the rules of good governance are applied within the company ;
- coordinate and supervise all activities at the various airport hubs.
The General Manager:
- studies the company's competitive environment;
- prepares and defends the company's budget before the Board of Directors;
- supervises and ensures the proper execution of the company's budgets;
- invests in modern technologies to improve productivity;
- represents the company in dealings with third parties (partners and investors);
- develops and promotes a corporate culture;
- ensures the proper management of the company's resources;
- ensures the company's competitiveness;
- implements the means needed to match traffic demand with the capacity of airport platforms;
- ensures the operation of airport facilities in real time and in all circumstances, under the best conditions of quality of service: reception, information, passenger processing, flow of traffic, provision of resources necessary for airport operations;
- ensures compliance with international standards and regulatory, regional and local compliance (ICAO, RAB) on SAB SA platforms;
- defines policies and strategies for operations and safety, monitoring, control and compliance with standards for all airports and aerodromes in Benin;
- ensures the performance of the airports and aerodromes managed by SAB SA by defining performance criteria and indicators, and evaluating them annually.
- have a BAC+5 in management, economics, finance, air transport, logistics, commerce or a related aviation or air transport field;
- proven professional experience in an airport environment for a minimum of ten (10) years, covering the main aspects of airport operations, with at least 5 years in a management position.
- raising awareness of airport safety and security ;
- general aeronautical knowledge (aircraft, navigation aids, markings and lighting, etc.).
- managerial quality (conflict prevention and management, human resources management, air traffic monitoring system, etc.);
- notion of aircraft characteristics ;
- notion de caractéristiques de l'aéronef ;
- perfect knowledge of social legislation, the Civil Aviation Code, airport safety rules, air transport regulations and the transport of hazardous materials and products;
- fluency in technical English.
- Sense of organization and responsibility;
- Sense of teamwork ;
- Analytical and synthesizing skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and to react quickly;
- Know how to work carefully and methodically;
- Demonstrate deontology and ethics;
- Communication and relationship management skills.
To apply, send your application by e-mail to
no later than Thursday, December 08, 2022 at 6:00 pm (GMT + 1)